Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Favorite Blushes




In going through my makeup collection the other day, I realized that I have quite a few blushes, several of which I use on a very regular basis.  So, I thought I'd share some of my favorite blushes.

NARS blush in Orgasm, NARS blush in Sin, Benefit Sugarbomb blush

First, I have a few high-end favorites.  NARS blushes are absolutely top quality; they are very pigmented and come in a broad range of colors.  My two favorite colors being Orgasm and Sin.  Orgasm is a shimmery, peachy-pink that is perfect for any complexion.  Sin is more of a deep rose color; I apply this shade with a light hand.  Another high-end favorite of mine is Benefit's Sugarbomb.  This blush comes in a cute box and smells divine, though the scent does not linger once applied.  I think this is actually my all-time favorite blush; it is just the perfect shimmery, rosy shade for adding a light flush to the cheeks.

Cover Girl Classic Color blush in Soft Mink, Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin, Maybelline Expert Wear blush in Gentle Rose
I have several drugstore favorites, as well.  Cover Girl Classic Color blush in Soft Mink has been a staple in my collection for years.  I've hit pan on this one for good reason; it's one of those shimmery rose colors that anyone can wear.  While I am not a huge fan of cream blushes, I have found one line that works great for me.  The Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes are wonderful!  The light mousse consistency of these blushes allows them to blend flawlessly into your skin.  I find this blush great for the summer months when I want a more light and natural look.  And last, I have a blush that I didn't really know was a favorite...but I hit pan on it; so, I must use it a lot.  Maybelline Expert Wear blush in Gentle Rose is a very light pink shade great for a naturally flushed look.  I tend to use this to top off cream blushes because it is so light.

Swatches left to right: Cover Girl Classic Color blush in Soft Mink, Maybelline Expert Wear blush in Gentle Rose, Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin, Benefit Sugarbomb blush, NARS blush in Orgasm, NARS blush in Sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment