|China Glaze Crackle Glaze in shade Lightening Bolt|
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
|Piggy Polish in All That Glitters|
I picked up this nail polish because it was so darn cute! As you can see, it comes with a tiny flower toe ring. The idea behind Piggy Polish is that it "goes on toes" according to the label. When I opened the polish and started applying it, I immediately noticed that it had a very strong, toxic odor. I mean I felt like I was in a auto body paint shop! All nail polish smells bad, but I've never had one with such a potent scent. The polish itself went on rather streaky and took FOREVER to dry! The lesson: A cute concept does not a good polish make.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
My much anticipated June Birchbox arrived a couple days ago. I was excited about this box because I had seen that other Birchbox subscribers had gotten full-sized Laura Geller Blush N' Brightens in their boxes. However, I was hoping to get a blush color rather than the shade I received, which is more of a bronzer. But $10 for a $30 product plus additional samples is still hard to beat!
Here is what came in my box:
- Amika Obliphica Oil Treatment: This is a blend of argan and jojoba oils that you apply to wet hair for hydration and sun protection. I think it smells really nice but cannot say that is makes my hair feel or look different, though I do not have frizzy or sun damaged hair in the first place.
- Kate Spade Twirl: This perfume is okay but rather strong. It reminds me of SJP NYC, which I prefer as it is a lighter scent.
- Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten in Honey Dipped: This product is more of a bronzer than a blush to me with my fair skin, and a little goes a long way.
- Pangea Organics Toner: This toner is supposed to be an on-the-go refresher for your face. I can't imagine spraying this on over my makeup, but it has a nice herbal scent and felt nice on my freshly washed skin.
- Dr. Dennis Gross Powerful Sun Protection SPF 30 Towelettes: I am anxious to try these out at the beach this summer; I like the clean and compact concept of sunscreen in a wipe.
|Laura Geller Baked Blush N' Brighten in Honey Dipped|
Saturday, June 11, 2011
|e.l.f. High Definition Powder, mineral eyeshadows in Trendy and Sweet, Studio Eyeshadow "C" Brush and the Studio Small Smudge Brush|
First, I have the e.l.f. High Definition Powder. This is a great setting powder, comparable to CoverFX and Make Up Forever setting powders. At $6 this is a steal; I totally recommend grabbing this over the high-end brands!
I also decided to try a couple of the mineral eyeshadows. While I am not a huge fan of messy mineral eyeshadows, the color swatches I saw online made me want to try them out. I adore the shade Sweet; it is a super shimmery pink, which is great for the summer. The other shade I purchased is Trendy; I was not as thrilled with this shade. This shadow looks paler when applied and had a lot of glittery fallout. For $3 apiece, I think these shadows are worth a shot, especially if you like mineral eyeshadows.
|e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow in Trendy (right) and Sweet|
e.l.f. is a great brand for all you bargain lovers out there and for makeup newbies, too!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
|Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Pink Mosiac|