Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Favorites

Covergirl Intense Shadow Blast, Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Tarte Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum, Tarte Natural Cheek Stain
I think everyone has a hard time finding products that work for them as the seasons change.  I have been experimenting a lot to find the right combination of products to keep me looking my best in the Summer heat and humidity. This post is devoted to sharing some of my favorite Summer products.  Personally, I like to wear lighter makeup in the Summer months, and I try to look for products that will stand up to both heat and water.

Base: I have been loving how Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (shade light to fair) mixed with a little of the Tarte Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum gives me a nice dewy look with a little coverage, as well.  These two products do a lot; I am getting moisture, SPF, coverage, and illumination all in one step.  I also add a light dusting of Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten Foundation to my T-zone to eliminate any shine.  If you haven't tried Balance N' Brighten Foundation, you are missing out; it feels super light your skin and really covers well.

Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic Shimmer Bloc, Tarte Park Ave Princess Mineral Bronzer, Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten Foundation in Fair

Bronzer: I contour my face with the Tarte Park Ave Princess Mineral Bronzer.  I really like this bronzer because it isn't too dark for my fair skin and it blends well. 

Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic Shimmer Bloc, Tarte Park Ave Princess Mineral Bronzer, Laura Geller Balance N' Brighten Foundation in Fair
Blush: For a day at the beach, I use Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Glisten to give my cheeks just a hint of lasting color.  I have also been enjoying my Laura Mercier Pink Mosaic Shimmer Bloc for everyday because when the light catches the shimmer it looks so pretty.

Eyes: Covergirl Intense Shadow Blast Primer + Rich Shadow is perfect for Summer.  The Beige Blast and Forever Pink shades are pretty by themselves or used as primer for eyeshadow.  These do not crease and really seem to hold up well in the heat.  I just smooth some on with my finger, add a swipe of mascara and my eyes done!

L to R: Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Tarte Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum, Tarte Natural Cheek Stain in Glisten, Covergirl Intense Shadow Blast in Forever Pink and Beige Blast
I hope you are all having a great Summer and enjoying some fun in the sun.  I'd love to know what your favorite Summer products are!

No comments:

Post a Comment