It's August Birchbox time! Yay!!! As always, I was super excited for my birchbox this month. This month's Birchbox theme was beauty innovations. Unfortunately, this box was rather underwhelming for me. Everything was just...okay.
Anyway, here's what came in my box:
- Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue: This is a very orangey scent that at first smelled a bit like soap to me. I grew to like the scent more as I wore it. I don't think I am likely to spend $145 to own it though!
- blinc Mascara: This is a "tube" mascara that coats your entire lash in a "tube". I don't like this product because it does not give my lashes any volume. However, it is great for length and definition; someone with naturally full lashes might really like this mascara. Also, when you remove this product it tends to come off in stringy pieces that get all over your face.
- Caudalie Premier Cru The Eye Cream: I liked this eye cream because it went on light and smooth and sank right into my skin. I am not a fan of thick, greasy eye creams. However, the $95 dollar price tag on this cream will definitely prohibit me from buying the full-size product. I'll stick with my much more affordable the beloved Clinique All About Eyes!
- Fix Malibu Wish Wash Exfoliating Powder Wash: This is a power, similar looking to baby powder, that turns into and exfoliating face wash when you add water. To me, a powder face wash seems like a step backward rather than an innovation! I can imagine women in the 1800s using powdered facial cleansers. This product was messy and kind of inconvenient to use. All that being said, it did clean my face well and leave it feeling soft and smooth. I wouldn't purchase the full-size product though.
- Twistband Hair Tie: This is a simple piece of soft black elastic to tie your hair back with. It is supposed to be fashionable on your wrist, as well as in your hair. I have to admit that it looks far better on my wrist than my plain hair ties. Since I have not been able to break myself of the habit of always having a hair tie on my wrist, this is an awesome hair tie innovation for me! I just ordered a set of several more colors of these. Get yours on the Twistband website and use the coupon code LUCKY2 to save 40% on your order!