Sunday, February 13, 2011

Makeup Haul and Mini Review

My haul from the Christmas Tree Shops
I just happened to stop into the Christmas Tree Shops yesterday and discovered that they have a ton of drugstore makeup selling for around a dollar less per item than say Wal-Mart sells them for.  So, I stocked up in some favorites while I was there.

What I got:
  • Tiny Conair hair clips
  • Palladio blotting papers in Natural
  • Freeman Superfruits Peel Off Facial Mask
  • Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer in Ivory
  • Posh crease brush duo
  • Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackened Brown
  • Olay Complete SPF 30 Moisturizer 
Here are my thoughts on some of the products listed above:

Palladio blotting papers: These are great for quickly eliminating any shiny areas on your face.  I just grab one and gently blot my face with it for a fresh matte finish.  The papers have a fine rice powder on them that absorbs the oils on your skin.


Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer:  This is probably my favorite concealer.  I love that it has a little wand applicator you can use to tab the product on with.  And, the color and consistency are really great for covering under-eye circles, redness, and blemishes.  It blends really well and provides medium coverage.  This is my go-to concealer for a quick and easy cover-up.

Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer wand

Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eye Pen:  These pens are awesome!!!  I have never been able to apply liquid eyeliner well...until, I found this product.  It's basically a marker with a really fine tip that you use to draw on the eyeliner.  This is liquid eyeliner that anyone can use!  It goes on really nice and smooth and lasts all day.  One of these pens usually lasts me a couple of months.  I use them daily and have never had one dry up on me.

Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eyeliner Pen

I can't review everything yet, as I have not really tried out the Freeman face mask or the Posh crease brush dou.  See my previous blog entry for a review of the Olay Complete SPF 30 Moisturizer.  Please leave comments if you have tried any of these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment