Thursday, February 3, 2011

Organizing Your Makeup Stash

I must confess, I am a total neat freak!  I just love to have everything organized and put away all the time.  I guess that is the librarian in me.  So, naturally, I had to find ways to organize my ever growing collection of makeup.

The Umbra Capelli Polycarbonate Accessory Organizer is a great way to organize the brushes, liners, mascaras and other tools you use everyday.

See...there's plenty of room for everything
To start with, I finally found the perfect counter top organizer for the makeup brushes, eyeliners, mascaras and other tools that a use daily.  It's the Umbra Capelli Polycarbonate Accessory Organizer; I found mine on Amazon.com.  Not only is this an attractive way to organize these items, but it is very roomy too.  Having the brushes separated is better for the brushes and saves me the aggravation of constantly grabbing the wrong brush.  This organizer has really made my morning makeup routine much easier!

Vanity drawer with divided containers and a drawer doubler organizer on top.



I am fortunate enough to have the entire bathroom vanity to myself, thus allowing me to fill both large drawers with makeup.  In the top drawer, I have divided the drawer with small interlocking containers that I found at Wal-Mart.  This allows me to neatly store all of my small eyeshadow palettes, blushes, powders, primers, etc.  Then, I added a drawer doubler that I found at Bed, Bath & Beyond; it just rests on the edges of the drawer and gives me a whole second tier of storage space.  I store all of my single eyeshadows and some favorite palettes and blushes in this.

Second vanity drawer with storage for larger palettes, nail polish, and lipsticks.

I use the bottom vanity drawer to hold my larger palettes, nail polish, lipsticks and some miscellaneous hair supplies.  I picked up a few inexpensive, small bins and fit them into place to separate the different items.

I hope this is helpful, as I know that finding a place to store everything you need in the bathroom can be a real challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment