Thursday, April 7, 2011

Unii and Z Palette Reviews

Top: Unii Palette; Bottom: Z Palette
 After much deliberation, I finally decided to attempt depotting all of my single eye shadows in an effort to save space in my makeup drawers.  This decision led me to order Unii palettes and a Z Palette to store the depotted shadows in.  Both of these palettes are great, though I think I am a bit partial to the Unii palettes due to their durability, design, and over all cuteness.  So far, I am pretty happy with my new palettes and how my depotting experience went; I only had one casualty!  Though I did manage to slightly dent most my shadows in the process; I feel like I will get more use out of my single eye shadows now that I have grouped them together into palettes.  It definitely makes it easier to find the shadows I want to use!

Unii Palette filled with depotted NYX, MAC, and e.l.f. eye shadows

Unii Palette Features:
  • Has a large mirror, which is good for travel or doing your makeup on-the-go
  • Has thumb grip to prevent placing fingers in makeup
  • Made of durable, hard plastic with a sturdy closure
  • Comes apart for easy cleaning
  • Comes with magnet strips
  • Available in several colors
  • Inner Dimensions: 2.8"D x 5.4"L x 0.4"Thick
Z Palette filled with depotted Cover Girl, NYX, and L'Oreal eye shadows

Z Palette Features:
  • Large surface area for depotted pans
  • Clear window for viewing makeup
  • Easy to open magnetic closure
  • Comes in designer prints
  • Light weight design
_______________________________________________________________

Pros of Depotting:
  • Save space
  • Organize eye shadows by color or coordinating groups for easy use
  • Can create personalized palettes for traveling or on-the-go use
Cons of Depotting:
  • May crack or dent eye shadows
  • May be necessary to destroy original packaging to remove eye shadow
  • Takes time and patience to depot eye shadows
Before you think about depotting your precious eye shadows, be sure to do some research.  I watched a number of videos on how to depot eye shadows, as well as how to fix eye shadows that have been cracked while depotting.  I've included links below to the most helpful videos.

EnKore Makeup Depotting
Depotting NYX Single Eye Shadows
EnKore Makeup Mending Cracked Shadows 
Kandee's How to Fix Broken Eye Shadows 

Happy depotting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment